Stacee’s version of Beef Stew will sure to be your new favorite!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb. FSC Ranch Beef Stew
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (14 ½ oz) beef broth
- 1 can (11 ½ oz) V8 juice (sometimes I use the regular flavor, and sometimes I use the spicy flavor)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped (optional. You can leave it out if you don’t like onions.)
- 3 bay leaves (Stacee uses the larger leaves because you have to fish them out later.)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp cold water
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup frozen peas
What You’ll Need To Do:
- In a 3 qt. slow cooker, combine the meat, potatoes, broth, V8 juice, celery, carrots, (onion, or not), bay leaves, salt thyme, chili powder and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Dig around the stew and discard the 3 bay leaves (It is easier to see if you use the big ones).
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew.
- Add corn and peas.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened.
Stacee doubles the recipe if feeding a crowd. If you don’t like a certain vegetable, leave it out and add in what you like. Sometimes, Stacee adds frozen butterbeans in with the taters, carrots and celery.