What You’ll Need:
- 1 FSC Ranch Beef Shoulder Roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 6 Kaiser rolls, split
What You’ll Need To Do:
- Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place FSC Ranch Beef Shoulder Roast in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings; season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Add broth and garlic to stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours or until roast is fork-tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking liquid; reserve liquid. Trim and discard excess fat from cooked roast. Combine shredded roast and barbecue sauce in 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently, adding enough reserved cooking liquid (up to 1/2 cup) to maintain a moist consistency, if necessary. Serve on rolls.