Here is a crockpot-friendly meal sure to have your family cleaning their plates and asking for seconds! This recipe is from Beef It’s What’s for Dinner.
Things you’ll need:
- FSC Ranch Beef Bottom Round Roast (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups diced Granny Smith apple
What you should do:
- Place FSC Ranch Beef Bottom Round Roast in crockpot. Combine whiskey, 1/4 cup vinegar, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, molasses, salt and pepper; pour over roast. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 to 6 hours or on LOW 8 to 10 hours, or until beef is, fork-tender.
- Remove roast from crockpot; shred with 2 forks. Skim fat from sauce as needed. Return beef to crockpot; stir to combine with sauce.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar and mustard in large bowl. Add carrots and apples; mix well. Season with salt and black pepper, as desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve beef with slaw.