Here is a simple yet delicious Pot Roast recipe sure to please your hungry family!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 FSC Ranch Beef Chuck Roast (2-3 pounds)
- Cooking oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced sodium beef broth, or you can use your own from the beef broth you made last week. If you haven’t made it yet, the recipe is on this page.
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bag of frozen vegetable blend
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 pack of instant mashed potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
What You’ll Need To Do:
- In a frying pan with a tablespoon of oil, sear all sides of your FSC Ranch Beef Chuck Roast, place roast in crockpot or stovetop stockpot.
- Add salt and pepper, broth, wine and garlic to crockpot/stockpot; turn on high for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours until pot roast is fork-tender. If your roast is not fork-tender, then continue cooking for another hour.
- Remove roast; place on cutting board and wrap with aluminum foil to keep warm. Turn crockpot or stovetop stockpot on high and place frozen vegetables in pot and cook for 5 minutes turn heat to low for 10 minutes while you make your instant mashed potatoes. Stir in 1 tablespoon thyme in to your vegetables. Season with salt to taste.
- Carve Chuck Roast into thin slices; serve with vegetable mixture and mashed potatoes.