What You’ll Need:
• Osso Buco (2 to 3 lbs)
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 cup finely chopped onions
• 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
• 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
• 1 cup dry white wine
• 1 can diced tomatoes
• Salt and pepper
• 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley
• 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
• 2 cloves garlic
What You’ll Need To Do:
- Coat beef with flour. Heat oil in stockpot, brown beef on all sides. Pour off drippings.
- Add onion, carrot and celery to stockpot; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes. Add wine; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes.
Return beef to stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 to 3 hours.
- Place parsley, orange peel and garlic in food processor or blender. Process until finely chopped. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove beef, cut from bones; set aside. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Bring to a boil and cook 5 to 10 minutes. Salt to taste. Return beef to cooking liquid. Serve with creamy polenta; garnish with Gremolata.