Nothing beats the comforting taste of Eye of Round Roast!
What You’ll Need:
- FSC Ranch Beef Eye of Round Roast approximately 2.5 lbs – depending on the amount of people you’re feeding. (1/2 a lb per person is the rule of thumb.)
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 large carrots
- 1 large sweet onion
- 3 pieces of Rosemary (If you have some in your yard, cut off three 3 inch pieces)
- You will need a meat thermometer, aluminum foil, and a cast iron skillet.
- Optional: You can also add celery and potatoes.
What You’ll Need To Do:
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F
- Mix thyme, basil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Dice onions, and set aside.
- Cut carrots into 2 inch pieces, and set aside.
- Rinse sprigs of rosemary, and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, place a tablespoon of cooking oil and heat pan on medium high.
- Sear all sides of the roast, and remove roast from pan placing roast on a plate.
- Add onions to pan and sauté.
- Add carrots to onions and place roast on top after coating with herb mixture from bowl.
- Place rosemary on top of roast.
- Place skillet in oven and bake at 325°F for 40 minutes (cooking time will vary depending on size of roast).
- Using a meat thermometer, check temperature and remove from oven when the desired temperature is reached. (145°F for medium)
- Place roast on cutting board and tent with aluminum foil for 15-20 minutes. Carve and enjoy