Check out FSC Ranch Beef Valued-Customer Charles’ Mom’s Meat Pie Recipe
What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb. FSC Ranch Beef Premium Ground Beef
- 1 medium potato peeled and cubed (Russet is best)
- 1/3 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup water (saved from potato boil)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper (for heat or not)
- 15 oz. pack of pie crust (premade pie crust is fine but homemade is better
What You’ll Need To Do:
- Peel and cube potato and boil for 5-6 minutes, mash with a splash of milk, set aside.
- Brown FSC Ranch Beef Premium Ground Beef in large sauce pan. Add onion, garlic and water, stir in thoroughly and par cook.
- Add seasonings: mustard powder, thyme, cloves, red pepper (if used), salt and black pepper. Continue cooking and occasional stirring to evenly fuse meat and mixed in spices until mixture is evenly browned.
- Remove from heat and drain off 50% of grease if pork was used. Mix in mashed potatoes.
- Place pie crust in a 9″ buttered or greased pie dish, fill pie dish with mixture, cover filling with pie crust and lightly press in edges. Fork crimp edges of pie and trim off excess dough. Make several short knife cuts or fork jabs into pie cover to release steam during cooking.
- Cover pie edge with aluminum foil and place in 425F preheated oven for 25 minutes or until pie is golden brown. Slice into 8 pieces and serve. Note: If you want to freeze these pies part cook for 15 minutes, cool, place in plastic bag with tie wrap and freeze. When you wish to serve, just thaw at room temp and place in preheated oven for 15 minutes at 425F to final cook.