Here is a super simple rump roast recipe to comfort you and your family.
- FSC Ranch Beef Rump Roast (about 3 lbs.) also known as Bottom Round Roast
- Several large potatoes
- 4 large carrots
- one sweet onion
- 4 stalks of celery
- 2 packs of brown gravy mix
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 dark beer
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley
- Cut up the potatoes, carrots, onion, and celery, and throw them in a crockpot set on high.
- Mix gravy packs, flour and beer in a bowl, then pour over vegetables in the crockpot
- Place Rump Roast on top of vegetables and cover crockpot.
- Add as much salt and pepper as you are comfortable with.
- Reduce the heat from high to low after 30 minutes
- Cook all day (8 – 10 hours)
- Remove roast from crockpot and carve into thin slices. Sprinkle with chopped parsley because that small gesture always gives a meal that polished look, like powdered sugar on a dessert. It’s not necessary, but your family will think you’ve gone to culinary school.
Here’s a delicious and easy as 1, 2, 3 recipe from Susan for your FSC Ranch Beef Chuck Roast!
- 1 FSC Ranch Beef Chuck Roast (about 3 lbs.)
- 1 cup water
- 1 (.7 ounce) pack of dry Italian-Style Salad Dressing mix
- 1 (1 ounce) pack of Ranch Dressing mix
- 1 (.75 ounce) pack of dry brown gravy mix
- Whisk together the water, Italian Dressing mix, Ranch Dressing mix, and brown gravy together in a bowl until smooth.
- Place the Chuck Roast into a slow cooker and pour the sauce over top.
- Cook for 6 – 8 hours on low until the roast is fall apart tender.