Check out this Top 10 Chart from Beef, It’s What’s for Dinner!
Click here for a PDF version.
Ever wonder what 25 grams of protein look like?
Check out the breakdown below.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 pounds FSC Ranch Beef Ground Beef
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 12 ounces baby red potatoes, cut in half
- 12 ounces baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons unsalted beef broth
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
Here’s what you need to do:
- Combine FSC Ranch Beef Ground Beef, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup ketchup, onion, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, thyme, 3/4 teaspoon pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Form 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf. Place loaf into 3-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Toss potatoes and carrots with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Arrange potatoes and carrots around meatloaf in slow cooker. Add broth; cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 8 hours until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F.
- Skim 2 tablespoons of liquid from bottom of slow cooker, if available. Combine remaining 1/4 cup of ketchup, brown sugar and liquid from bottom of meatloaf in small bowl. Spread onto meatloaf. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove meatloaf from slow cooker. Cut into slices. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve meatloaf with potatoes and carrots.