Ever wonder what 25 grams of protein look like?
Check out the breakdown below.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 pounds FSC Ranch Beef Ground Beef
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 12 ounces baby red potatoes, cut in half
- 12 ounces baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons unsalted beef broth
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
Here’s what you need to do:
- Combine FSC Ranch Beef Ground Beef, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup ketchup, onion, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, thyme, 3/4 teaspoon pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Form 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf. Place loaf into 3-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Toss potatoes and carrots with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Arrange potatoes and carrots around meatloaf in slow cooker. Add broth; cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 8 hours until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F.
- Skim 2 tablespoons of liquid from bottom of slow cooker, if available. Combine remaining 1/4 cup of ketchup, brown sugar and liquid from bottom of meatloaf in small bowl. Spread onto meatloaf. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove meatloaf from slow cooker. Cut into slices. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve meatloaf with potatoes and carrots.
What you need:
- 1 lb. of FSC Ranch Beef Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup prepared mild or medium taco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (2.1 ounces each) frozen mini phyllo shells (30 shells total)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- Shredded lettuce, sliced grape or cherry tomatoes, guacamole, lowfat dairy sour cream, sliced ripe olives
What you need to do:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add FSC Ranch Beef Ground Beef, onion and garlic in skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, breaking up beef into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Add taco sauce, cumin, salt and pepper; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
- Place phyllo shells on rimmed baking sheet. Spoon beef mixture evenly into shells. Top evenly with cheese. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until shells are crisp and cheese is melted.
- Top tarts with lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, and olives.
(Courtesy of Beef, It’s What’s for Dinner)