What You’ll Need:
- 1 FSC Ranch Beef Flank Steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup light balsamic vinaigrette dressing, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground espresso coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
What You’ll Need To Do:
- Combine 1/3 cup vinaigrette, cocoa, coffee and pepper in small bowl. Place FSC Ranch Beef Flank Steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on rack of broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 13 to 18 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.
- Meanwhile, cook onion and remaining 2/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette in medium saucepan over medium heat, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from heat.
- Carve steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices; top with onion.
Recipe courtesy of Beef, It’s What’s for Dinner.