7 TIPS FOR THAT PERFECT HOLIDAY ROAST
- Use a meat thermometer. To make sure you don’t under-cook or over-cook your roast, use an ovenproof meat thermometer. Take the guessing out by checking the temperature of your roast.
- Select your FSC Ranch Beef cut to fit the number of people in your party. A rule of thumb is 1/2 a pound per person. It’s always better to have a little more than not enough. We all love leftovers!
- Preheat. Don’t forget to preheat your oven. It’s pretty frustrating to be ready to pop your roast in the oven only to find you forgot to turn the oven on! I might have done that a time or two.
- Make sure you are cooking your roast at the right temperature whether it is 350 degrees or low and slow. My Mom always told me that the more expensive the roast is per pound, the higher the oven and the less time you cook it.
- Give it a Rest. Always rest your roast for a good 15 – 20 minutes before you cut into it. I know it’s difficult to wait, but it will be worth it!
- Use the right cut. Make sure you cut across the grain and use a sharp kitchen knife.
- Make sure you have the right storage containers for leftovers, which are always wonderful the next day!